Improving mental health for all
For far too long, people of all ages with mental health problems have been stigmatised and marginalised. However, attitudes towards mental health and support for adults and children with mental health issues are improving.
Mental health services in the BOB STP area are delivered under ‘New Care Models’.
Commissioning of specialist mental health services is carried out locally, to ensure funding is spent as effectively as possible.
- Key priorities for the delivery of mental health services for the BOB STP area include:Reduce the length of stay and the number of patients who receive care outside of the BOB STP area and increase the range of specialist mental healthcare available locally
- An additional 49,000 children and young people receiving National Health Service community treatment
- £2M has been allocated to increase specialist care available through the psychiatric intensive care unit; the Highfield Unit in Oxford.
- Progress towards the 20/21 children and young people eating disorders waiting time standards
- Increase in-patient capacity for children and young people with focus on admitting for as short a time, and as close to home, as possible
- Increase specialist perinatal capacity by 49%
- Continue to improve access to psychological therapies by 140,000 people, with two thirds of the increase focused on long term co-morbid physical health conditions
- Develop mental health crisis and liaison services in acute hospitals
- Ensure that 53% of patients requiring early intervention in psychosis receive NICE concordant care
- Reduce out of area placements by increasing investment for Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Teams
- Delivering physical health checks to 280,000 people with serious mental illness
- Increase Individual Placement and Support by 25%
- Maintain dementia diagnosis rates at 66.7% of prevalence
- Contribute to the expansion of the mental health workforce
- Deliver multi –agency suicide prevention plans
- Deliver liaison and diversion services to 83% of the population
- Report all commissioned activity through the mental health dataset
[HA1]Please include a sentence or two about the overall aim